New Feature - Scan to Box!
We're pleased to announce we have updated the barcode scanning function of KhooCommerce to allow you to scan items directly into Cartons.
Creating ASNs for Amazon Vendor requires Vendors to capture detailed carton level information (CLI) of which item went into which box. This is mandatory to become compliant with License Plate Receive through he use of SSCCs. This latest update allows vendors to pack items directly into cartons with a scan gun and the pick list loaded on the screen. This leads to increased efficiencies and decreased handling time in the pack process.
For existing customers, you can read the detailed guide on getting setup here: KhooCommerce Scan to Box Guide.
If you aren't currently a KhooCommerce customer but want to explore how this could work for you, please ask for a quick demonstration and we can demo how this process makes ASN creation much easier, faster and more accurate than paper methods.
Do you use paper picking?
Paper picking is a common way to start warehouse processes when sending Amazon vendor ASNs. But it's not easily scalable, not accurate and not environmentally-friendly. There are costs associated with printing, storing, and scanning pick sheets.
Usually a paper-based process works like this:
- Admin teams process and accept POs, load them into the ERP.
- The orders are released to the warehouse for picking.
- Pick sheets are printed and put into a tray for the warehouse to action.
- Warehouse users take each sheet and then pick the items, ticking off units as they go.
- If the user also packs the boxes, they will then have to write which items went into each box.
- This sheet is then put into another tray for an admin team.
- Admin pick up the sheet and enter the information into Amazon's systems to create the ASN, and return the labels
- The labels go back into another tray for the warehouse to apply to cartons.
- The warehouse may also make a shipment in a carrier system to request pickup of the order.
- Warehouse label all cartons and the shipment is dispatched.
- Admin teams invoice Amazon for the goods.
This process is slow, laborious and involves multiple touch points on the same order.
KhooCommerce Powered Amazon Vendor ASN creation:
An electronic process works like this:
- Admin teams process the orders that are sync'd back to Amazon and the ERP electronically.
- The warehouse can see the order on their tablets and packing benches, and begin their pick route.
- Using a scanner, they scan items from the bins into cartons.
- Once complete, they send the ASN and print the SSCC labels immediately (want to learn more about SSCC labels? check this guide out).
- KhooCommerce automatically invoices Amazon for the dispatched goods in that ASN and sync's back to ERP/Accounts package.
Not only is this fewer steps, but its way more accurate, efficient and scalable as the number of orders increases. It means each order has a single-touch interaction from picking to labelling.
Want to see it in action?
KhooCommerce is designed to help make Amazon Vendor quick and easy to manage. From rapid processing of POs to barcode scanner-powered pick-and-pack, KhooCommerce is the definitive solution to helping Amazon Vendors scale up without increasing their operational costs. We work with vendors that sell anything from £10'000 to £100'000'000 a year, so no matter where you are in your journey with Amazon Vendor we are here to help!