How we collect information
When you use our website, or software platform(s), we collect information on your visit & from your browser, as well as any information you enter into our contact forms.
Information you provide to us directly
We may collect the following information that you provide by filling in forms on this website including contact forms, subscribing to a newsletter, or creating a customer account. This may include your name, job title, details of your organisation, contact phone number and email address. By filling and submitting a form, you agree that we will have your details on file for recording purposes.
If you are an existing customer, all data that you share with us is treated as confidential. This includes your order, shipment and invoice data and inventory information.
Information we collect automatically
As you navigate our website, we collect general information that web browsers, servers and network operators usually make available. These include things like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our website, including what pages you visited, which page you entered and exited the site on, as well as which content you engaged with. We use this information to identify and solve issues, gain insights into how you interact with our website, enhance our offerings, and ensure that we consistently deliver an outstanding user experience.
Information we get from third parties
Most of the information we gather is obtained directly from you. However, there are instances when we may receive personal data about you from other reliable sources, such as publicly available resources or trusted third-party partners like our marketing and research associates. This information is utilised to supplement the personal data we already possess about you, with the goal of improving, personalising, and better informing our services, as well as verifying the accuracy of the information you provide.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place stringent physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The data we collect is stored with the European Economic Area (EEA) and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer then is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
Usage of collected information
- Fulfil our obligations and provide you with agreed-upon products and services;
- Establish, manage, and administer your account;
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and improve our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services;
- Create new products and services;
- Offer personalised recommendations and products and services, if permitted by your preferences;
- Evaluate the performance of our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services;
- Safeguard and protect you, us, our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services, and the public;
- Comply with legal, regulatory, and tax reporting requirements;
- Keep you informed about our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services, including notifying you of changes and updates, informing you of data or security breaches, and providing you with customer support;
- Obtain your explicit consent to generate or distribute promotional and marketing material that is relevant to you;
- Conduct quality assurance and training;
- Use non-personally identifiable information or personal information (with your explicit consent) to promote and market ourselves, our products and services, and our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.);
We keep no record of card details on our secure servers. This information is only shared to our third party service providers who provide services such as payment processing, order fulfilment, information technology, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your device, it is not automatically placed on your device and requires permission to be downloaded. Once you agree, it enables the website to recall your preferences and actions, such as login information, language selection, font size, and display preferences, over an extended period. By doing so, you won't have to repeatedly enter them each time you visit the site or navigate between pages. The site will remember your personal settings and preferences.
To distinguish you from other users, track your site usage, and understand your website access preferences, our site utilises cookies. We employ or may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our website. Without these cookies, the website may not function properly.
- Performance and Analytics Cookies:
These cookies monitor activity and record traffic, such as Google Analytics.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us analyse webpage traffic data and improve our website performance and tailor it to suit customer needs.
- Advertisement and Targeting Cookies:
These cookies collect information about how you use the website, which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. All of the data is anonymized and cannot be used to identify you
Cookies help us to provide you with a better website experience and interaction by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Cookies do not allow us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioural metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimisation, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish for this to happen.
We keep a record of when and how we received your consent along with what information was provided to you at the time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A nominal fee will be applicable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to160 Eureka Park, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
KhooCommerce may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2016. Revised June 2023.