KhooCommerce may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2016.
How we collect information
When you visit our website, we collect information on your visit from your browser, as well as any information you enter into our contact forms.
Information you provide to us directly
If you fill in and send a contact form, we receive this information and store it in our systems. This may include your name, company and contact email address. By filling and sending a form, you agree that we will have your details on file for recording purposes.
Information we collect automatically
As you navigate our website, we collect general information that web browsers, servers and network operators usually make available. These include things like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our website, including what pages you looked at, which page you entered and exited the site on, as well as which content you engaged in. We use this information to identify and solve issues, gain insights into how you interact with our website, enhance our offerings, and ensure that we consistently deliver an outstanding user experience.
Information we get from third parties
Most of the information we gather is obtained directly from you. However, there are instances when we may receive personal data about you from other reliable sources, such as publicly available resources or trusted third-party partners like our marketing and research associates. This information is utilized to supplement the personal data we already possess about you, with the goal of improving, personalizing, and better informing our services, as well as verifying the accuracy of the information you provide.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Usage of collected information
- Fulfill our obligations and provide you with agreed-upon products and services;
- Establish, manage, and administer your account;
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and improve our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services;
- Create new products and services;
- Offer personalized recommendations and products and services, if permitted by your preferences;
- Evaluate the performance of our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services;
- Safeguard and protect you, us, our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services, and the public;
- Comply with legal, regulatory, and tax reporting requirements;
- Keep you informed about our websites, platforms, applications, products, and services, including notifying you of changes and updates, informing you of data or security breaches, and providing you with customer support;
- Obtain your explicit consent to generate or distribute promotional and marketing material that is relevant to you;
- Conduct quality assurance and training;
- Use non-personally identifiable information or personal information (with your explicit consent) to promote and market ourselves, our products and services, and our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.);
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your device. It enables the website to recall your preferences and actions, such as login information, language selection, font size, and display preferences, over an extended period. By doing so, you won't have to repeatedly enter them each time you visit the site or navigate between pages.
To distinguish you from other users, track your site usage, and understand your website access preferences, our site utilizes cookies. We employ or may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies:
- These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of my website. Without these cookies, the website would not work properly.
- Performance and Analytics Cookies
- These cookies monitor activity and record traffic, such as Google Analytics.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
- Advertisement and Targeting Cookies
- These cookies collect information about how you use the website, which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. All of the data is anonymized and cannot be used to identify you
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to RIFT House, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.